Today we are moving away from mass marketing and moving towards a more personalized communication with consumers. Communication with customers is through different channels on different devices at different times and in different formats. The effectiveness of the print media, telemarketing and email-campaign is winding down, but the marketing strategy of the inbound marketing continued its winning streak from the smallest to the largest marketing departments of companies around the world.
However only a small part of inbound marketing strategies have satisfying ROI . There can be many reasons for this, but to achieve maximum success in this field it will help you to have a strategic approach to your own content. The steps below, explains how you can improve your results.
1. Change your focus.
Sometimes it’s worth it to stop your campaign and change its focus to increase the return. More specifically you can do following steps:
• Create a campaign of mass marketing communications, in which experts should formulate a content strategy and create the content itself by building interaction with your target market.
• Relocate the budget from outbound marketing, to maximize the performance of the inbound marketing.
• Manage expectations: Line up the right business plan, focusing on market development strategies over the next two to three years. Develop key performance indicators and the overall strategy to simplify the process of measuring achievement.
• Restructuring of your marketing team to achieve new goals.
2. Work with the your marketing team.
As a rule, low ROI in the inbound marketing is based on misinformation and poor understanding of the team which are the benefits of using a particular product/technology.
Focus on how to convey the main benefits to the client thought inbound marketing and your strategy, set key performance indicators and try to achieve the results in the next 9 – 18 months.During the first 9 months you should build the foundation of your campaign: identify the target consumer, set up a mechanism to reach them, create a database and run a debugged and optimized website. It is also worth it to begin a process of a regular review of metrics and your goals.
During the period from the ninth to the eighteenth month, you need to turn your potential customers in the ready buyers. This process involves the transformation of the destination of your opt-in customer base, refining and improving the content strategy, improvement of marketing automation and continuous optimization of the process of conversion.
Create or outsource a team who will work continuously on your campaign, create the content itself and implement the strategy. Work with members of the team, taking into account the features of your product and market.
3. Reorganize your website.
More than 60% of websites of b2b sector have less than 3,000 visitors per month and very few incoming leads. Often, the reason lies in the design that bears more “tactical” rather than “strategical” nature.
To solve this problem:
• Explore your website to find out how attractive it is to your target audience.
• Relate attributable to a volume of traffic and conversion rate with the same indicators as other sites. Are your indicators above or below?
• Use the data to reorganize your site, focusing on getting quality traffic from your target audience.
• Try to get away from tactical Web site to strategical.
• Integrate into your website automated marketing tools, for example online consultant.
• Focus on techniques for optimizing the level conversion using A / B testing.
Constantly rethinking your website is an essential element of the incoming marketing. This procedure should be produced in a quarterly basis to make sure that you are attractive to customers and targeted audiences.
4. Reengineering process of content creation.
In order to most accurately determine what content on the site will be attractive to the target audience, draw a client journey map. In any case, remember that the key to optimizing the production of content – in its uniqueness. Do not be afraid to provide the user with a smaller amount of information in case it will be better. You also need to find a niche in the market and create content to support it.
It is also important to invest in initial studies of leaders. Secondary data customers can get anywhere! In addition, it will help strengthen your strategical storytelling. Every consumer needs to find in the content the beginning, middle and end of their client journey, from which eventually formed the history accompanying the client all the way through the sales funnel. Regular replenishment of fresh blog posts is also very useful in this regard, but it is only the “tip of the iceberg” and the easiest (but only the first) step in the direction of the incoming marketing.
5. Constantly review your strategy.
Inbound Marketing – is a tool for improving your business processes, it needs periodic tuning to maximize the effect. That is why careful selection of key performance indicators is crucial. We advise you to focus on:
• relevant traffic and the “quality” of potential clients.
• Measure the conversion for different channels – Did the strengthening of activities included marketing to increase the quality of leads?
• Analyze the conversion of your target audience in the leads.
• Measure the size and scope of your database, the level of involvement of consumers in relation to the time he spent on the site, and bounce rates of visitors.
• Quarterly audit the goals based on the results of your analysis, not on assumptions.
Remember, you may need to train your business to this new marketing strategy, since it includes a complete rethinking of the sales process and marketing activities.